Student Grant Application
See the Student Grant Guidelines for a detailed explanation of the steps and timeline of the application process.
For those students who submitted a Notice of Interest, the Full Student Grant Application Form is due on May 1 and consists of two parts: (1) Full Student Grant Application questions (see below); and (2) Budget Sheet. An e-form of these questions will be made available to applicants that have submitted a Notice of Interest after they meet with the MSF Student Grant Liaison.
Grant Application Questions
Below are the questions asked on the MSF Full Student Grant Application e-Form. Preview the Budget Sheet here. We hope this list helps you to understand the information needed to prepare the Full Student Grant Application.
- Name of Grant
- Student Name
- Grade (Spring 2023)
- Personal Email Address (not your @mamkschools.org address)
- Faculty Sponsor Name (must be a district employee)
- Faculty Sponsor Position
- Faculty Sponsor School
- Faculty Sponsor Email
- List additional Co-Applicants, if applicable (including personal email)
- Attach required Budget Sheet. The budget page can be found here.
- Total amount of funds requested as detailed in the Budget Sheet.
- Provide a description of your project. Include background and objectives of the project. Be as specific as possible.
- What is the anticipated impact of your project?
- Why is your project important for the students, teachers/staff, District, and/or community?
- Is any other school, organization, or individual involved in assisting with preparation of this application or any aspect of the proposed project?
- If yes, specify who is involved and the nature of the involvement.
- Are/Have you sought funding for this project from other resources (e.g, school, PTA, District, etc.)?
- If yes, specify the other funding source(s) and the status of those funding requests.
- Will this be an ongoing program?
- If yes, how do you intend to fund it in future years? (Note that MSF does not typically fund continuation of projects in future years.)
- How will this grant be implemented? Be specific and, if applicable, note (1) the facilities involved and how they will be impacted; (2) involvement and assistance needed from District staff; (3) involvement and assistance needed from non-District staff.
- Provide an implementation timeline, including your timeframe/dates for such areas as planning, procurement/contracts, and project execution. (All grant funds must be used by June 1, 2024.)
- How will you measure the effectiveness of this project?
- How many students will be impacted by this grant?
- How many teachers will be impacted by this grant?
- How long are benefits of the grant expected to be enjoyed by students/staff?
Principal Carolini-Cannavò must approve this project prior to submission of the Full Student Grant Application in order for your application to be considered for funding by the Grant Selection Committee.
- Has Principal Carolini-Cannavò approved this project?
- If yes, provide the date and method of approval (i.e., meeting, email, etc.)
Additional approvals are required for proposals that meet certain criteria (see Student Grant Guidelines for additional information).
- Does the proposed grant alter District facilities in any manner?
- If yes, has the District’s Director of Facilities (Steve Brugge) approved this project and the use of all District-required resources?
- Does the proposed grant have a technology component?
- If yes, has the appropriate Instructional Technology Coach approved this project and the use of all District-required resources?
- Does the proposed grant include teaching tools (e.g., instructional software, assessments)?
- If yes, has the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction (Annie Ward) approved this project?
Should you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com